Madonna and Guy Ritchie are both 'happy' with their divorce agreement, they have said in a joint statement issued by Ritchie's publicist.
But an earlier statement released to the press suggesting the singer paid Ritchie £50m was 'misleading and inaccurate', they added.
The Associated Press news agency had quoted Madonna's US spokeswoman Liz Rosenberg on Monday.
The new statement said settlement details would 'remain private'.
Ms Rosenberg had told AP on Monday that Ritchie had been given £50-&#pound;60m ($76m-$92m) and that the figure included the value of the couple's Ashcombe House estate, on the Wiltshire/Dorset border.
Custody of the couple's children had yet to be worked out, she added.
She told AP: 'I'd assume it's one of the largest payouts ever in a divorce.'
But in the new statement released by Ritchie's representatives on Wednesday, the couple said: 'We have tried to maintain a dignified silence regarding the details of our divorce for the last few months whilst accepting the obvious media interest.'
'A misleading and inaccurate statement, specifically in relation to the sums of money involved, was wrongly issued to AP this week.'
'The financial details of the settlement will remain private, save to say that both of us are happy with our agreement.'
Their primary concern was 'the care and wellbeing of our children', it added.
A London representative of Madonna confirmed to BBC news that it was a joint statement.
From BBC News