Madonna released her 12th studio album, MDNA, via Interscope Records, March 26. The single 'Girl Gone Wild,' which she unveiled in early March, climbs into the tenth spot in the Last.fm chart for with week ending April 1, with 30,871 listeners. So far, MDNA has peaked at number one in nine countries, including the UK and Australia.
Last.fm's top tracks for March 25-April 1:
1. Gotye - 'Somebody That I Used to Know' (68,668 listeners) (no change)
2. Adele - 'Rolling in the Deep' (39,189 listeners) (no change)
3. Coldplay - 'Paradise' (38,684 listeners) (+1)
4. Lana Del Rey - 'Born to Die' (37,895 listeners) (no change)
5. Foster the People - 'Pumped Up Kicks' (37,516 listeners) (no change)
6. Lana Del Rey - 'Video Games' (35,672 listeners) (no change)
7. M83 - 'Midnight City' (35,507 listeners) (+1)
8. Rihanna - 'We Found Love' featuring Calvin Harris (31,890 listeners) (+1)
9. The Shins - 'Simple Song' (31,030 listeners) (-2)
10. Madonna - 'Girl Gone Wild' (30,871 listeners) (new)
Last.fm claims more than 40 million active users based in more than 200 countries. Available in 12 languages, the site's radio service is free for desktop computer users in the UK, the US, and Germany; mobile devices require a subscription of €3 a month to stream music.
Using a system called 'scrobbling,' Last.fm's charts measure everything its users listen to through the Last.fm website as well as hundreds of other music sites and services, including iTunes, Spotify, and The Hype Machine.
From AFP Relax News Via Yahoo! News